Export prohibited items in Nigeria
Prohibited items are items that cannot be shipped or transported into a country. These items are restricted from import or Whether you are shipping for personal use or commercial purpose, it’s important that you know items or products you can’t ship from Nigeria to USA. From the tiniest item to the largest the US Customs are very strict about what enters in the country and won’t allow any item that is banned into the US.
The US Customs and Border protection service (CBP) enforces lays for over 40 US government departments and agencies. Their role is to prevent products from entering the US that could damage farming or animal life, cause injury or risk public safety.
We recommend that you check with us prior to shipping if you're in any doubt whether the product you are shipping is permitted into the United States.
Please note that the list is non-exclusive and may be updated from time to time by customs, you are therefore advised to visit here.
Prohibited items to export from Nigeria
- Scrap metals
- Dry fish and meat
- Timber (rough or sawn)
- Artifacts and Antiquities
- Certain fruits and vegetables
- Unprocessed rubber latex and rubber lumps
- Animal products, by products and some animals
- Raw hides and skin (including wet blue and all unfinished leather)
- Wildlife animals classified as endangered species and their products
- Hard Drugs: Heroin, Hydrocodone (Vicodin), Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet), morphine), Benzodiazepines (Diazepam (Valium), Alprazolam (Xanax), flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), Clonazepam (Klonopin), Lorazepam (Ativan), Methamphetamine (Meth), Cocaine, Alcohol, GHB and Nicotine